What Sets Us Apart?
SmartLink is a carrier class level of service that utilizes an advanced gateway to manage multiple smart devices, using programmable rules that are flexible and user friendly. The “Mega” warehouse home improvement stores and others offer smart devices, however each device may have its own operating application, which leaves you, the customer, to learn multiple software management packages. SmartLink is your “single-source gateway controlled system” that can grow from a few devices within the home to over 100.
Carrier Class Service
Carrier class service versus warehouse store design is the difference too. In telecommunication, a “carrier grade” or “carrier class” refers to a system hardware or software component that is extremely reliable, well tested and proven in its capabilities. Although the available bandwidth connection to your home has and is increasing, the data caps and usage fees remain in many cases. SmartLink gives you more control over when and how information is sent to your tablet or smartphone. This allows you to manage your bandwidth usage so data cap costs are controlled.
Wireless Z-Wave Technology
SmartLink uses the Z-Wave protocol, an interoperable, wireless, RF-based communications technology designed specifically for control, monitoring and status reading applications in residential and light commercial environments. Mature, proven and broadly deployed (with over 50 million products sold worldwide), Z-Wave is by far the world market leader in wireless control, bringing affordable, reliable and easy-to-use ‘smart’ products to many millions of people in every aspect of daily life.
Z-Wave Technology Essentials:
- Low Powered RF communications technology that supports full mesh networks
- Operates in the sub-1GHz band; impervious to interference from Wi-Fi and other wireless technologies in the 2.4-GHz range (Bluetooth, ZigBee, etc.)
- Z-Wave is an international standard defined by ITU-T Recommendation G.9959.
- Designed specifically for control and status apps, supports data rates of up to 100kbps, with encryption, IPV6, and multi-channel operation
- For more in-depth technical materials on Z-Wave, please visit the Z-Wave Alliance.
Z-Wave Market Facts:
- Over 1500 interoperable products available, 40 million Z-Wave products worldwide.
- Extensively used in residential systems throughout numerous business spectrums, other prominent service providers worldwide.
- Found in thousands of hotels, cruise ships, and vacation rentals; including 65,000 devices in the flagship Wynn Hotel in Las Vegas, NV.
- Actively supported by over 350 manufacturers and service providers throughout the world.
- Designed specifically for control, monitoring and status operations; no interference from Wi-Fi or other 2.4GHz wireless technologies in similar band.